Monday, February 16, 2009

More Things I Want To Remember...

1) When one of Rhett's toys are broke, he says "Fix It" and if you tell him you can't he says "Batteries"...Do they listen or what?!

2) When he wants you to help him do something, he says "Help You"

3) When something isn't going his way he says one of the following:
"Good Grief!", "Good Gracious", "Oh My Goodness", "Awww Man" or "Oh Gosh" (Can you tell his Mama is with him all day?! haha)

4) When he gets upset about something he says "Mad" and makes a ugly face. If you ask him why he's mad, he just says "Yeah" And if you try to talk to him about it very much, he'll say "Don't like her/him" meaning you!LOL! Which usually lands him a trip to time out!

5) When he sees something that he can't touch (like my flatiron or Brandon's knife) he says "Bite You"...Wonder where he got that idea?LOL!

6) He LOVES for you to sniff him like a coondog, and after you do it he says "Coondog, again" Only our son....Haha!

7) When he hears you potty, he says "Good Job"...Now, if he'd just potty himself!

8) He is just the most loving child! He has a really sweet nature most of the time and he loves to give hugs and kisses!

9) When we start heading towards town he says one of 4 things: "Memaw's House", "Home Depot", "Wal-Mart" or "School" (Can you tell where we go the most?!)

10) If you ask him where he wants to eat in town, he says "ChicALay" and "Zasbys"...I guess we eat alot of chicken!haha

11) We have a routine of going to dump just about every day...I know that sounds weird, huh? But it started when Rhett was really little as a way to get us out of the house when Daddy got home...We'd just take the trash off and ride dirt roads! (It has always sounded pretty normal to me, but after typing all that out, it sounds pretty funny to me now, too!) Anyways, needless to say, Rhett just LOVES to go to the dump . Now, however, he has a whole new reason. There's a new lady (Ms. Angela) that is working there and she is SMITTEN with Rhett. As a matter of fact, she has a treat for him every time we go! He tells her "Thank You" and gives her a hug and we're on our way...Until next time! LOL! Rhett wanted to color her a picture today, so we did just that! You might be a redneck.....Haha!

12) He knows his teachers' and friends' names at school and church and talks about them alot.

13) He's learning about the Bible and I couldn't be more proud. Ms. Donna (Bro. Mike's wife) told him the story about Jesus walking on the water last Sunday and if you ask him what Jesus did he says "Walk on Water"and then he'll say "On top of it".

14) He's also familiar with Adam and Eve getting kicked out of the Garden of Eden and when you ask him why he says "Broke the Rules" and "Got in Trouble" and the other day he said "God spanked them", and although we didn't teach him that I can tell he's really starting to get it.

15) He knows that God made him, Mommy, Daddy, Deacon....And everyone and everything else!

16) He says he loves Jesus and that Jesus is nice...He just has no idea how "nice" yet! Do you know how incredibly humbling it is to talk to your 2 year old about the Bible? There's just nothing like it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sara,

    I Loved reading all about you and Rhett and where he is at ...at this time in his life. So sweet and YES so humbling......Believe it or not I KNOW excately what you are talking about.....Kids can always amaze us and bring the simple things in life back into focus!!! I KNOW that for sure! So many times I have been humbled by the innocense (sp) of my children. Humbling is the right word, no doubt!!! Makes your/my heart stronger!!
    I LOVE You Sara and I am so proud of the woman you are now! Rhett and Brandon are blessed to have you as well as you are so blessed to have them!!! LOVE M.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND I LOVE THE NEW FROGS ON THE SIDES!!!! LOOKS GREAT AND SO APPROIATE!!!!! LILLY PAD AND ALL!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey There! We always love to hear from family and friends, so drop us a note when you have a chance!