Friday, February 27, 2009

What's Been Going On With Us...

We have been really busy it seems lately, and a bit under the weather. So, needless to say this is the first chance I have had to come up with an update. Aunt Kimberly, Hannah, and Austin came and stayed with us and Rhett always loves it when they come! When you get those 3 together, it is like a circus around here!haha We all love it though, and we always hate it when they have to go home. I especially miss Hannah (aka Little Mama)! She keeps an eagle eye on Rhett when she's here, and those of you who know Rhett well know what a task that is! So Kimberly, can you send her back down for a while???haha

Rhett and Austin in their matching P.J.'s

The 3 Musketeers


Yogurt Break

Grammy and her monkeys

Happy Birthday Aunt Kimberly!

Brandon has introduced Rhett to mud boggin' and now he just can't get enough!haha The Bronco is now one of his favorite places to be. He'll just sit in it forever and pretend he's driving! So, I usually just pull up a chair in the backyard and watch...Works for me! I know, you might be a redneck again...That seems to be quite the trend around here!haha

I found a neat Bible story book that came with a DVD that has a short video to go with every story. So, we started a new "Bible Time" this week and Rhett has LOVED it! This week, we are covering Creation and it has been alot of fun. We read our story, watch our movie, sing a song, do a craft, and when we are done I ask Rhett questions about what we learned and for every one he gets right he gets a M&M...So you know he's ALL over that!haha It has really been amazing watching his little mind soaking up all that he's learning. Here he is working on his Creation crafts:

Crazy boy with crazy hair!

For some reason, he loves these measuring spoons of mine. I think it has to do with them resembling a set of keys....And we all know how obsessed he is with keys! haha When I need them, I have to search the house high and low for them...Most recently they were found hanging on one of the pegs on his tool bench!haha I have tried hiding them from him, but he will tear the kitchen up looking for them. So, is it really worth the fight? Not to me! I think I'll just pick up another set the next time I'm in town.

On Thursday, my MOPS group had a playdate at the Fire Station. Now, let me just say that I learned a great lesson from this. As I was putting Rhett to bed on Wed. night, I told him that we were going to go to the Fire Station and see the firetrucks when he woke up in the morning. He was up 3 different times in the middle of the night talking about going to see the firetrucks! Note to self, wait until the day of if you want a decent night's sleep!haha Anyways, as you can imagine, he was just beside himself once we got there!

Driving the fire truck...And no, he didn't care anything about giving any other kid a turn!haha

Posing with Fireman Frank

In the back of the fire truck with one of his buddies

A quick picture with Mommy...That is the extent that he let me hold him while we were there!

He was the only one brave enough to climb the ladder...Does that surprise me? Not that little monkey!

Kissing the fire truck bye-bye....How sweet is that?!

On the note of firefighters, a local Stockton fireman was killed in the line of duty this week. He was only 32 years old, and leaves behind a wife and two young children. My heart has been so heavy for this family this week, so if you will, keep the North family in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures, love Rhett's crazy hair. Look's like he enjoyed the fire trucks. We really enjoyed our visit last week. Thank you for the birthday party, I really enjoyed it. You can borrow Hannah anytime you need a babysitter. Have a good weekend.
    Love ya'll, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Hey There! We always love to hear from family and friends, so drop us a note when you have a chance!