Sunday, March 22, 2009

Camping At Lake Blackshear

This weekend, we took a camping trip to Lake Blackshear in Cordele with Brandon's Uncle Steve and Aunt Gale. Brandon's cousin Ray (aka Uncle Punk) and his wife Krista joined us for the day Friday, too. We had a BLAST! You have to know Uncle Steve, but he is really one of those "funny without even meaning to be funny" kind of people...He kept me rolling all weekend!LOL! The guys did some fishing and Aunt Gale and I kept Rhett busy around the campground and the playgrounds....And even did some joyriding! Saturday night, we ate (or maybe it would be more properly said that we stuffed our guts!LOL) at a local seafood restaurant that was SO good! We all left there miserable...But in the best way!LOL! Uncle Steve was Rhett's favorite for the weekend and every time he woke up, he said "Go see Uncle Seeve"! He had such a good time that when we pulled up at our house this afternoon, he started crying and saying "Go campin' gin' (again)"!
Here's Rhett hauling a load down to Uncle Steve and Aunt Gale's site for a fish fry
Goin' for a boat ride

Any takers for a ride with Rhett at the wheel? I didn't think so!LOL!

Lovin' the playground

Riding his tricycle by his "self" as he likes to say

Two peas in a pod...With matching hats no less!LOL!

Refusing to look at the camera for a pic with Mommy...What else is new?!

Hauling his tractor in his truck...That's one of his favorite things to do these days!

Silly Face
Pushing his, or rather his Daddy's old tractor! Everytime I see him pushing one of his Daddy's old tractors, my heart smiles. It's just so neat to think that over 20 years ago his Daddy was busy breaking them in for Rhett! I think Rhett might finish them off by the time he gets through with them!LOL!

Marshmallow time...Rhett was like a begging dog!LOL!
This one never made it to the fire!LOL!

Roast it, Big Boy

Rhett and his buddy, Uncle Steve

Being a big helper, or as Uncle Steve called him, his pack mule (LOL!!!) bringing him firewood for the fire

In deep conversation about Rhett's dog, Deacon!LOL! Rhett even called Ray (who was dogsitting) to check on him!

Taking a little rest...Geez, Uncle Steve's a slave driver!LOL!

All clean and ready for bed

Drinking his cereal milk...His absolute favorite part about eating cereal for breakfast!LOL!

We had a great time, and I think I can speak for us all when I say that we can't wait to hit the road again!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip, maybe next time we can join ya'll. The pictures and the captions are too funny. Glad you had a good trip. Come join us Easter weekend. :) Love ya'll,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awsome pictures....Rhett is growing like a little weed!!! I am sooo glad you all had a great weekend.....well deserved!!! Love to you all, M.B.

    ReplyDelete

Hey There! We always love to hear from family and friends, so drop us a note when you have a chance!