Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blessed

Today is my birthday and let me just say that I have the BEST family and friends EVER! Yall sure know how to make a girl feel special! I got SO many sweet (and funny)cards and phone calls and I am so thankful for each one. Hannah made me this card...Is it not the sweetest?


Brandon took me out on a "date" last Friday to Texas Roadhouse(along with a really sweet card), Mr. Swain (one of our great neighbors) had a Low Country Boil for mine and Lisa's birthday on Sunday (talk about yummy), and tonight we had a get together at Memaw's! Memaw says that I always get shorted because I always just want soup...But she just doesn't know how good (and world famous in my opinion) her soup really is! :) She made me a really yummy strawberry cake, too!
Rhett and Aunt Debbie with Rhett's favorite part of the night....CAKE!


I got a Daily Devotional book from Aunt Debbie and Uncle Randy, some yummy Hershey Kisses from Joseph and Holly, and thanks to all the special people who gave me some money I was able to get some new tennis shoes (or "catheads" as Lisa and I like to call them...LOL!) and an external hard drive for my computer (since the 3000+ pictures of Rhett was beginning to bog my computer down) And Bea J. is taking me on a "Mama's Night Out" on Friday...Can I get a "WooHoo?"! If any of you know of any good movies playing right now, let me know!

Rhett walked around all day saying "Birfday, Mommy" and singing "Happy Birfday to Joo", he gave me lots of birthday hugs and kisses, and he gave me the sweetest Mickey Mouse card! (And I have to say that this sweetness was the best part about turning 27 today!)

So, you tell me...Am I blessed or what? As I sit here tonight, I am just about to burst with thankfulness. For our daily Bible reading today we read Psalm 23 and it just seemed so appropriate for my day, and my life for that matter!

"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want" Psalm 23:1

So, thank you all for your calls, cards, and gifts...."My cup runneth over"!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sara! Glad to hear you had a great birthday. On the note of good movies playing, I heard "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" was really good. I have not had the chance to see it though. Regardless, it has Brad Pitt in it and is worth seeing anyway. ;) Give Rhett Rhett some kisses from me if you can catch him. haha I love you all. -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truely blessed!!! As well as Brandon and Little Rhett are also to have you!! Glad you had a great B-day!!! I Love you, M.B.

    ReplyDelete

Hey There! We always love to hear from family and friends, so drop us a note when you have a chance!