Last night was our MOPS and Pops dinner at Northside Baptist Church. We had such a good time! We ate yummy Sonny's barbeque, played some fun games (of which we won an Applebee's giftcard and a copy of the Love Dare book, which I plan to pay forward since we already have one), had wonderful fellowship with some awesome couples, and heard some very encouraging speaking. It was very insightful to hear what has worked for a couple who has been married almost 5 times as long as Brandon and I. It was a great reminder of how important it is that we keep God at the center of our marriage and parenting. In doing so, there's nothing we can't overcome with our spouse and children. One of the verses that really stick out in my mind from last night is this one: "These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 6:6-7
It reinforces the fact that our walk with God should be most evident in our homes and families. This is something, that although I often fall short of, I do strive for. The song "Windows and walls" by Mark Harris goes along with those verses and I have added it to my playlist at the bottom.
The kids (or MOPPETS as they are called by our group) had their own little party down the hall complete with chicken nuggets, chips, and cookies...So you know Rhett was all over that!LOL!
So, a good time was had by all and it really was a breath of fresh air for Mommy and Daddy!
(I took more pictures of some of the other couples and how cute the Luau theme was, but they somehow got deleted when I was transferring them to my computer.)








No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey There! We always love to hear from family and friends, so drop us a note when you have a chance!