Rhett made me a wheelbarrow planter at the Home Depot workshop last week, and he was so excited to give it to me. He kept saying "I made it, Mama" and he told me "Happy Mudda's Day, Mama" about 100 times...Talk about melt my heart! Brandon also framed a picture from the Mother/Son luau for me...He can really be the most thoughtful man!

Before Church...Notice how well his nose has healed. I can't believe how quick it did...You can hardly tell it ever happened!

After church, we went down to the lake for some fun and a cookout with Lisa, Katlyn, and Mr. Swain

Rhett and K.K. on their 4-wheelers

Swimming...Well, not really but Rhett sure thinks he can swim anyways!LOL! He's so fearless of water...I've got him signed up for lessons this year, so I'm hoping that will ease my nerves some!

He loved jumping in the water! By the way, he hated these swim diapers. I had to take them off not long after I put them on. I put his regular bathing suit on, and he never had an accident. Every time he had to go to the bathroom, he told me. I have been so proud of how he's doing with potty training!

I had to take a picture of these precious little sandy feet

Workin' hard as he calls it

He sure does love his K.K.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a STREAKER!

On the boat, getting ready to go tubin'!

Mama's turn...I was so nervous because I knew that they were going to show me NO mercy, and I haven't been on a tube in years!

Wavin' bye

Rhett watching in amazement...Don't go getting any ideas, little man! It's gonna be a while before your Mama lets you on one of those!

Lisa and I had the brilliant idea of riding together....We almost couldn't hold on from all the laughing!LOL!

We did really good though until this:

I am really paying for it today, though. I feel like I have been hit my a semi truck!LOL! Maybe that's a sign that I'm getting too old for this craziness!LOL!
Munchin' on some watermelon...A cookout's not complete without one, right?LOL!

Yummy Cake

So, my Mother Day was so sweet and so much fun. Definitely my favorite kind of day. Last night when I was putting him to bed, I nuzzled my face in his clean wet hair and said a huge prayer of thanksgiving. I fall so short in so many ways, but my amazing God still lets me be this precious little boy's Mama...And my heart just bursts with gratitude!








Hey Sara,
ReplyDeleteI Love all the pics, the one with the little feet covered in sand brought back so many memories for me....I have cleaned little feet from so so many things they seem to get into......sand, dog do, chewing gum???HaHa And they ALWAYS.....find the MUD puddles!!!! I know you all had a great time on the water, but that stuff makes me so scared and nervous. anyway, glad you had a great weekend as well as I also did. Love to you all and hope to see ya soon................Love M.B.