Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rhett's Last Day of School

Tuesday was Rhett's last day at Northside Baptist, and I have to say that it was a pretty emotional day for me. He has come so far socially since he started going there once a week and I simply adore his teachers. Rhett and I will both miss them SO much! In the same breath, though, I am excited about this next year coming up at Park Avenue United Methodist, because I really feel like it is going to be an awesome program.

However, the simple fact that he will be going to real preschool (and 3 days a week at that) leaves me with this big lump in my throat. It seems like yesterday he was that sweet, precious (most would have said spoiled rotten, too) newborn that I held and rocked ALL DAY LONG. I had so much time to sit and study his face,listen to his sweet little breaths, and kiss him hundreds of times a day...Now, that same sweet face is almost always covered in a layer of dirt and he rarely has time to stop and give me any kisses. I have to steal them mostly! I didn't think it possible to love him any more than I did on that special night in October 2006, but somehow I do. And no matter how big, and rough, and nasty he gets he'll always be my baby! Ok, better stop now before I send myself into the ugly cry!LOL!

Rhett with Ms. Jennifer


Rhett with Ms. Abby...They are both such angels, and I wish that I could take them both to Park Ave with us next year! But since we'll be right next door, I know we'll be stopping in to see them from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There! We always love to hear from family and friends, so drop us a note when you have a chance!