Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sweetness

This morning Rhett woke up early, so I brought him in bed with me hoping that by some miracle he would fall back asleep. But about a minute after I laid him down, he climbed on top of me and laid down with his head on my chest and said the sweetest thing, "Mama, rub my back pweeze". My heart melted right there! You see, God knew how my heart had been a little bit heavy lately about Rhett's evergrowing independence. I'm SO proud of all the things he can do, don't get me wrong, but I know that you Mamas out there know what I mean. I have learned that sometimes your baby growing up can be a bittersweet thing. Anyways, God intervened to show me that Rhett DOES still need and want me...Even if it's just for a little backrub! So, I lay there in the silence, rubbing away, just soaking in what a mighty blessing this little boy of mine is.

1 comment:

Hey There! We always love to hear from family and friends, so drop us a note when you have a chance!