Yesterday, after school, some of my other MOPS moms and I took our little ones to the Strawberry Patch. I had told Rhett the night before that we were going and he was SO excited that he woke up talking about going. I was hoping once we got there that it would be as fun as he thought it was going to be and he was definitely not disappointed. I started out showing him the "good ones" and he would pick them and before long he was showing them to me saying "There's a good one, Mama!"...He's so smart! He picked and picked and picked...And I ended up with over a gallon of strawberries to do something with!LOL! He was having such a good time though, that I didn't have the heart to make him stop! So, I froze alot of them, and the rest are in the fridge. Rhett has been steadily eating on them, and I'm also going to make a yummy Strawberry Shortcake recipe that Kimberly had made while we were up there last week.
Just getting started

Eating them as he went, dirt and all

Of course, he didn't want me to help, so I tried to just make sure he wasn't picking any green or rotten ones.
Feelin' like a real big boy!
Not even half way there...I didn't get a picture of our full basket, but it was overflowing!
They had a sand area to play in, so after we got done all the kids played a while. Notice Rhett's lack of shoes...The first thing he did when he spotted the sand was shuck them off! Not sure what I'm gonna do with that little country boy....He gets that honest though, I hate shoes!LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey There! We always love to hear from family and friends, so drop us a note when you have a chance!